All Photos © Christine Elise McCarthy 2017
To see images of my past posts & get links to the recipes – look on my Pinterest board – HERE.
All my posts now have a VERY customizable PRINT & PDF option. Create a PDF & save the recipe to your computer or print it out. It offers a “remove images” option & you can delete any part of the post you do not need before printing. The button is below by the Twitter & Facebook links.
Click the image below to watch the video.
Vegan Vietnamese Fresh Salad Rolls
- 1 package clear edible rice spring roll sheets (Here on Amazon)
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Tofu or other protein
- Basil – fresh (Thai sweet or hot basil is nice, too, if you can find it)
- Mint – fresh
- Cilantro – fresh
- Butter lettuce, washed and separated into leaves – ribs removed
- Carrots, peeled & cut into very thin matchsticks
- Cucumber, peeled and cut into very thin strips
- Purple cabbage
- Bell pepper strips
- Micro greens
1 Dip a sheet of spring roll wrapper into water very quickly, no longer than a second or two (or they will get too soggy) and lay flat on a work surface.
2 On one edge, lay a small handful of noodles, some basil & mint leaves, some pressed tofu, some cucumber & carrot strips, purple cabbage, avocado & some micro greens (or whatever fillings you are using) – being careful not to overstuff the wrapper.
3 Roll up burrito style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up-but not too tightly or the spring roll wrapper will tear.
You can BUY a spicy peanut sauce in a jar or can at most Asian markets or online (for example – http://www.lynmarket.com/proddetail.asp?prod=011152198903). They are usually quite good, but, if you are feeling motivated –
Peanut Sauce Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter – smooth or chunky
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup of water
- cilantro, crushed nuts or a swirl of sriracha for garnish
- Garnish with a squeeze of sriracha or nuts or cilantro
Of not in the mood to make sauce – many options are available at the store.